Thursday, August 7, 2008

New News Museum

Yesterday, we went to the Newseum, where many historical objects are exhibited and some movies about news history are shown. There were many spot we can learn about media and news history. Especially, I was riveted to the spot where the objects of 9.11 were exhibited. Even now, I can’t believe such disaster occurred. I saw lots of newspapers concerning impacts of 9.11. These newspapers taught me the real impacts of the terrorism on America. And I also watched one short movie. This movie was composed of some interviews on eyewitness of the attack. This movie was really moving. The message from a girl who is looking for her father was told me the real sadness of the tragedy. I can’t imagine how they were bowed by grief. I wish such disasters could never happen forever. Then I walked around China town and enjoyed dinner. After dinner, we went back to the College Park and played billiards with Mike. We all enjoyed a lot. But I have to say sorry to Mike for kept him so late. Thank you Mike!!

3 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

I can't believe that the attacks of 9/11 happened, either. I remember vividly the morning of the attacks. I was here, at MEI. I had a class at 11, so I was not teaching at the time. Someone told me what was happening and I ran to a colleague's office where there was a TV. We watched one of the towers collapse. It was horrific. When I see the old Manhattan skyline in movies, it still makes me sad. (By the way, I am old enough to remember what New York looked like before these towers were built!)

Nikki said...

Hello Harry the Hippo!
You are such a good pet. = )

Hiromi said...

Hello, Masatoshi!
What you saw and felt at the museum interested me very much and it makes me want to visit there. Did you take picures?