Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Post from Maryland

Hi, my name is Masatoshi. I live in Yokohama in Japan. I’m a freshman of the Aoyama Gakuin University. My major is international communication. I’m studying very hard at the University. I’m participating in this program because I want to improve my English skills and know the American culture. This trip is my first trip abroad, so I was a little bit nervous at first. But now I’m very excited to come to such a comfortable place! My first impression of America is everything is bigger than Japan. For example, the road is broad and the University is very large like a small town, and foods are really big size! Although the taste is good, it is always hard to eat all of them. Anyway, I’ll enjoy this program!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad you are here! It sounds like many of you agree that everything is BIGGER here! I'm excited to go exploring with you for the next two weeks and seeing all that BIG America has to offer.

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Masatoshi! Welcome to the United States, the state of Maryland, and the University of Maryland. It is one of the larger state universities but far from the largest. In fact, I was surprised to learn from Wikipedia just now that the largest university in the US is Ohio State University! It has over 52,500 students at its largest campus in Columbus! I think UM has around 30,000. Anyway, it's big!

I agree about the outsize portions you get when you eat in a restaurant. It's too much food! That explains why a lot of Americans are overweight.

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Masatoshi^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

Yeah, I also think everything is bigger than Japanese food, ground and so on. But don't WORRY^^! Perhaps you come to eat one dish by yourself at the end of the tour, hahaha^^

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Masatoshi:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

My major is International Communications too. AGU program is good to learn international communiction and American culture. You should have marvelous experience in UM.

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Masatoshi! This is Hiromi.
I enjoyed reading your first post! I hope you'll improve your English skill by writing this blog. :)

Also, your English is very good! Keep up the good work. :)

Tomoya said...

I have same impression of America.
Everything is much bigger than Japan.

NOBUYA said...

Hi, I am a friend of mine named Nobuya. Your trip will be successful
because you and I are same room. you are lucky very much.

Nozomu said...

Hi Masatoshi!

Did you sleep well last night?
Yesterday’s trip was so exciting, wasn’t it?

By the way, your blog’s design is very stylish!

Nozomu