Monday, September 8, 2008

Second First Post






I bought a new my own laptop! I tried to buy it with cash, but I realized it was hard for me to buy new one until September ends. In my plan, I could buy it within September. But until September ends, I have to finish the report on American culture, which is the assignment of this AGU program in Maryland. This means, I can't do part-time job everyday as I did in August. My original plan collapsed! So, I changed my plan and bought a new laptop on the installment plan. This post is the first post from my new laptop.


And from this summer vacation, I started to study for TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language), because I want to study in America! Today, I tried to register for a test at Aoyama Gakuin University, but I couldn't register. It seemed already full! I was really disappointed. I hope for someone to cancel registration.


......Still, I can't find my wallet:-( I almost give up the wallet.

5 comments:

MASANORI said...

Congratulations on your new laptop!

Nina Liakos said...

I add my congratulations to Masanori's. The laptop looks beautiful! May you enjoy it and use it in good health.

It's good to flexible; sometimes plans have to change, and you have to "roll with the punches".

As for the TOEFL, my advice is to study English, not specifically for TOEFL, because it is a proficiency test. If you are proficient in English, the TOEFL score will reflect that. Of course, it is also important to familiarize yourself with the format of the test.

Cheers from cloudy Maryland,
Nina

Nikki said...

Hey Hippo,
I like your new laptop! My own laptop is starting to get really slow. I've had it for almost four years and I'm afraid it's going to die soon. Hopefully not....

Nikki said...

Hello, Pig,

I like the Gavin Degraw video you sent me. It is also one of my favorite songs by him, but he didn't play it at his concert. It is one of his more popular songs here, so I was a little confused he didn't play it.

Also, you should look up some O.A.R music. They are my favorite band and I think you would enjoy them as well. Here is there website:
http://www.myspace.com/ofarevolution

My favorite song that is on the site is called "Love and Memories" By favorite song by them ever is named "Night Shift". Maybe you can find it online. Let me know how you like it!

Mike said...

Your laptop looks great, I like the circular trackpad.

That's too bad that you can't take the TOEFL. Even if you can't get in this year you're only a freshman, so don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to study here in college!